Cruisair trim tab rod.

gjordan

I broke the flex cable on my trim tab, and when I went to pull it out, it would not come free. A pair of Vise Grips only managed to break the flex part off closer to the square end where it slips into the long rod. Liquid Wrench didnt help. It is pretty much unreachable now. Is there anything other than cutting into my headliner and disconnecting the long rod to slid it out far enough to be worked on? I really dont want to cut the headliner, but I cant think of anything else. Any ideas out there?______Grant.

For what it may be worth, all i can think of is that if you break down and cut the headliner >> cut it so you can install a zipper or some other type of patching device short of replacing the headliner.

Hi Grant,
Your in a difficult position, I have just been looking at my trim system which is out out the aircraft and even if you cut into the headliner moving the long rod back may be difficult as it has quite a few attachment blocks to hold it in place. Is another inspection cover under the horizontal stabliser able to get you any closer? This is a real pain for you!!
.....and thanks Larry for the drawing of the flexible cable. If you need it Grant I can forward it on.
Good luck
Bernie

Back