Cruisair Yokes

kgassert

I just bought a 14-13. I am another Ercoupe covert (Hi Tim). The tops of the control yokes have been cut off. Anyone know where I could find another pair?

Thanks,
Kevin

'Bones can help you out, but the reason the yokes were cut was to give you a better view of the panel. Cruisair and Cruisemaster panels are small to begin with and the yokes, though small, make it harder to see stuff. Then again, what is it that we desperately need to see in VFR flying?

If you can't help Kevin, give me a shout, Bones. I think I know someone who might have a pair.

Jonathan

Thanks, let me know what you guys find out. I would like to get them back to original and then order the yoke logos to put on them.

Kevin

Kevin, If you cannot find a couple of them, try calling J.W. Duff Aircraft in Denver. 303-399-6010--Bill Duff. There is a Cruisair fuselage skeleton in his back yard and I am nearly sure there are a pair still in there. He can look at them and let you know what kind of shape they are in and the price. He generally has that number diverted to his cell on weekends and works on saturday normally. He also has a cruisair wing--can't remember whether it is left or right--stored in a building south of his place. The wings for the fuselage in the back yard are junk but I am sure the tanks are good if you are looking for a couple. Good luck, Ron

ORANGE CONTROL YOKES :roll: !! Sounds like serving Richards Wild Irish Rose with Velveta on Saltines at a party.

In the only constant in aviation is the total lack of taste in the paint schemes employed on airplanes <shudder>.

I've seen them in white or black, DD. This was before any attrocious intervention.

Oy vey!

Jonathan

yes, I got some today from Ken. They are brown with leather on them. They will look realy nice after a little clean up.

Kevin

I guess you know that you can mount the yokes either up or down. Mounted down, my legs are in the way, and up I couldn't see my altimeter in a normal scan, so I had to make changes. I only changed the yoke on the left side, but I also removed the emblem in the center and replaced it with the push to talk. The Cruiseair is a spendid instrument aircraft and if you are going to go to the Los Angeles basin with any regularity, you are going to have to shoot a few approaches. Speaking of yokes, mine has a lot of slop, caused mainly by the lack of effectivness of that spring/roller device right behind the panel. Does anyone else have that problem and have you solved it?
Mike
N86744

Back