Cruisemaster seat ajustment Problem

dleigh

I love my Cruisemaster! It is a real pleasure to fly and I use it as frequently as my pocket book will allow these days as fuel prices go up. My normal trips are limited to about three hours at a time, but that is enough time to cover a lot of ground. I have a problem, however, with the seats. They are comfortable but I am somewhat short coupled and need a cushion and the back in the first second or third notch for take off and landing. In flight 91B is so nicely trimmed that I only have to occasionally tap the right rudder to keep it on track.

Problem is being so close up I get stiff after about the 2nd hour and have tried to adjust the seat in flight. Obviously, it requires a lot more agility to lift the seat back and select the rearward notch and of course to reposition it for landing seems daunting. Does anyone else have this problem? :?: Is there a fix? or is there a retrofit to allow a more easy seat adjustment?

Why not simply remove the cushion during cruise or, better still, employ a more confortable cushion arrangement? The latter is what I do, as that seat notch system is a real PITA.

Jonathan

Ditto on the seat rail system, a royal pain. I do as Jonathan says. I use a cushion that can be removed. Attemping to adjust the seat while flying is near impossible. To change the system to later vintage would require too much money. Lynn N9818B :wink:

:p :p
Thank Jonathan and Lynn. I will try this. Seems so logical and simple it has to work. I'll give it a go and let you know when I get back from business trip next week.
Thanks again

Back