Dawley Exhaust

mr scout

I sent a low time 8GCBC exhaust system to Dawley because of a leak at the bead clamps.

Thinking since they were the original builder I might get a better job than the local shop.

There turn around time was only a day, the bad news is now the cowl wont go on because the outlet is in the wrong position.

I will keep everyone posted on how there customer service is.

GLOBE SAID
Are your engine mounts sagging?

No its not the mounts, but that is always a good thing to check.

Its on its way back to Wisconsin.

Well after several pictures and four phones calls with them telling me they cant make a mistake.

And that it must be my airplane, and that they run into this all the time with people having other reasons for fitting problems.

They also said and advertise they would send it next day air, well that only happened when I sent it to them they didn't send it back that way. But told me they would, then called the day after it left and told me they couldn't send it next day cuz it cost to much.

The most upsetting part is the fact they told me they were repairing mine. After all the fitting problems the guy tells me they dug mine out of the dumpster and adjusted the one they sent me to fit.
:oops:

It is odd. When we pick up the half dozem or so at a time...all the tail pipes line up. Of course this is from scratch.

I can't say this is typical of them; sorry to hear it. :?

This is very odd. I have been dealing with Dawley for 19 years. Several mufflers and pipes were overhauled (looked like brand new to me ;-) ), I was always given excellent service and near-perfect product.

There was one time when one of the cross-over pipes came back and would not align. I took measurements, and we had a newly welded pipe in two days. And more peanuts!

I've been sending stuff to em on and off for a LONG time. Never had an issue either....FWIW.

Jim

Back