Dog problems

leadsledfan

As many of you know, I do quite a bit of long cross-country trips in my CruiseMaster.
The useful load and front-heavy CG have been great for packing it full of stuff, whether it be baggage, tools, dogs, or even 600 pounds of candy at one point.
I was just planning out my pilgrimage back to Idaho for the summer, and I am thinking the CG is going to be more of an issue than usual.
Last year, my two dogs, Isabella and Theodore weighed a combined 120 pounds, but as of this morning, Izzy weighs 95 pounds, and Teddy weighs 110 pounds. Teddy will likely weight 140 when fully grown, and Izzy will likely weigh 100 pounds.
So now I have 240 pounds of dog to cart around in the back seat.
I have replaced both the starter and generator on the 'Master with lightweight units (Skytech and PlanePower) which saves me a significant amount of weight up front, plus another 3.3 pounds on the prop (McCauley).
I am thinking that with a full baggage compartment, the dogs, bags in the floorboard of the back seat, and a full aux tank I am going to be pretty close if not over rear C.G.
I know that the Masters tend to be front heavy, but I may have the opposite problem.
Is it worth it to explore moving the battery to under the baggage compartment as some have done to shorten the cable run?
Should I have adopted pomeranians instead of Newfoundlands?
-Adam

At least my 14-19-2 has ballast around 5 lbs in tail just aft of the battery. The same is mentioned in tcds for 14-19-2. Maybe just reducing or removing that ballast could be enough to solve your problem. At way easier than moving battery box.

Back