Drawing/blueprint for Cruisair aux tank?

gjordan

Does anyone have a copy of the B&E aux tank blueprint. Mine went up in smoke and the aux tank printout that the club has available now doesnt actually cover the common "Slim Kidwell" aux tank. The tank drawing was part of an old STC for putting a Lyc. 0-435 into a Cruisair. Thanks, Grant.

I will look since I have all the prints from our plane and it has the aux tank in the fuselage, 86802.

That would be a great help. I will be glad to cover any costs involved. The club used to have the drawing but Bob cant find it now and the aux tank info that he has is for a one-off that Larry Shapiro did. It is good but doesnt cover the more common Slim Kidwell tank that many Cruisairs have. Thanks a lot. ____Grant.

I have two prints one is on tissue paper from BNE102 very fragile, hand drawn, the other is from B&E Manufacturing Torrence Cal.Aubin enterprise inglewood cal. drawn from a L louis L 2-17-55 and it is on drafting paper. It has a 14 1/2 gal tank on this drawing? We use to have drawing tables at work and big printers but I think they have all went by the way side, so where do you think I can get a big print copied? Joe

Grant, what about the BT13 oil tank drawing? You could always go for a field approval with the “new” FAA. It may not really be that hard if you could only figure out where to go since they reorganized...my guess is that if you can find the right office they give it to you just for finding them!
Larry

Joe, I have had good luck getting full size prints done at local Surveying firms. I also have used engineering firms, but surveyors tend to be smaller offices. The B&E print is what I am looking for since that is the tank I have. I would love to get the other one also, but I dont know about copying from tissue paper. What ever you can get copied and what ever price it ends up, I am game for it. Larry, the BT13 tank has never been previously approved so I suspect would be more difficult to deal with. I am also helping my I.A. try to get an undocumented tank approved in a Cruisair that he is doing an annual on. I help my I.A. and he helps me. It works out well that way. Joe, Thanks again. ____Grant.

I am having a heck of a time finding a place to copy these, everyone has gotten rid of the big single copiers, the local court house has one but it needs fed through on rollers and that would destroy it. Would a picture and then you could have it blown up some how? I am an old school boy and this modern tech is tuff with me. Any help would be great? Joe

Joe, where are you located? One of my Bellanca mentors is a surveyor and could probably hook me up with surveyors in your area. I can do some research from this end. Thanks____Grant. P.S. since you said that you have all of the prints for your plane, and I still have some (after the fire) maybe we could find someone (ROB ?????) that could record all of this information for future generations of Bellanca owners. So much is lost when we fly west and the grandkids throw everything in the dumpster so they can cash out on the house. That may be a poor way to look at it, but I have seen it too many times. Grant.

I have had good luck copying prints almost 4ft. square at a local shop. Try Kinkos and FedEx is tied in with some large print shops.
The NASM has a large list of 14-13 series drawings. I gave Robert a copy of that list a few years ago at the Columbia fly-in. I was hoping that list would be made available to all.

BTW, I bought an aux tank for a 14-13 that looks similar to the one in my 14-19-2. No papers, but everything as removed years ago.

Grant, Tiffin Ohio, My wife took some pictures of them and is going to try to down load them for a plotter at work? Hope this will work? Joe

Being a techno dinosaur myself, I have a hard time with most modern methods. Dan, I also have a 14-19 aux tank that came out of a Cruisair without paperwork. There used to be a 180 Franklin powered Cruisair at the Santa Rosa airport that had a 14-19 aux tank and was installed using 14-19 drawings. I think the plane was always registered in Oregon, but sat outside at the EAA area. It was rough. I have run across a reference to a Bellanca factory SERVICE KIT to install an aux tank in a Cruisair. I can only assume they would mount a 14-19 tank. There is plenty of room. Dan, do you still have that list from the museum? That would be very interesting. ____Grant. P.S. I have prints of the upper door latch for the Cruisair and a print of the slide down window if anybody needs them.

Send me a phone number so the wife can send these pictures and maybe you can find some one to print them , not having any luck, they can not be scanned with the new roller printers , cause it would destroy them. Joe Bell 419-518-1025

Here are the pictures of the prints of the auxiliary tank cruisair N86802. Pictures image000001 and 000002 are the left and right ends of that print. Picture 3 is hand drawn on tissue paper.

Back