Electric gear assist on a 14-13-2

Gary Brink

Has anyone added the electric motor that helps to lift the gear on a 1413-2?
I put new bushings throughout the landing gears because they were loose. Now they are tight but it is extremely hard to raise the gear. If it has been done, how big of a job is it?
Gary

I dont see the point in forcing the chain system to overcome excessive friction. I think it is great that you got the play out..but it might be worth a little more effort to make things work smoothly and easily. Reaming, lapping compound, or judicious lathe work should do that.
Which doesnt help you with your request.
I have yet to see an actual photograph of the optional Bellanca supplied unit..which consisted of a clutch, a mechanical interlock activated by inserting the removed crank handle, a motor,, probably sourced from war surplus, up and down limit switches, wiring, and control switch,

Mr. Pasch..told me a year or two back that he had a couple of cessna flap motors he had intended to use to motorize cruisair gear...that were never used..that he would sell.
since the legalproblems and electrical load would be great...and using cruisemaster hand hydraulics has been done often...I wonder why bother ? Seems like it would be a continual source of annoyance.
Ive been told the original system was less than robust.
Battery drill motor attached in place of the hand crank, could work ifvit slipped on and off...but how to count turns ? !!!

Id be glad to send you the club pub on the electric gear..from my files..just shoot me your adress.

Thanks Blimpy. I'm not sue if you want my email or snail mail address. I'm guessing the latter. It is: 3511 W. lake Jessie Dr. SE, Alexandria, MN
Gary

I'll try to get it out before I go back to So.Cal to put the bellanca back together, this week.
some of the same info is in the Club version of the Cruisair Op manual. :)

larry

Back