EXHAUST SHROUDS NEEDED

bookmaker

I am back looking for parts. I am trying to find the exhaust shrouds for my 1965 Citabria 7ECA with Continental O-200. The part numbers are 4-1365 and 4-1366. I have tried American Citabria, Wag Aero, Univair, etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations where I might look?

Dale

Thanks for the response. I tried them already and they could not help me.

As it turns out, I shipped them to Wag Aero this morning. They are going to rebuild them. I suspect they will just remove the exit tubes and weld them to a new shroud tube using the old ones as patterns.

We are giving my bird a pretty thorough update. Here as a list of what I am adding:

Plane Power Alternator (replacing bad generator)
Spil on oil filter adapter
Garmin GNS 250XL Com/GPS (replacing inop Terra Nav Com)
Sigtronics intercom
Pilot PTT switch on the stick.
Passenger head set jacks.

And of course, repairing the exhaust heat shrouds.

Dale

I have an intercom in my Citabria with PTT switch on the front stick. It's a much nice airplane to fly you don't have to shout and repeat yourself. I'm waiting for the IA to get here to get the spin on oil filter installed.

I am sure it is much nicer with the stick top ptt. I have been using a handheld radio since I bought this planes in April. Between the headset wires, the strap on PTT switch and portable intercom wires when I have a passanger, I feel like I am hog tied in all the wires. These upgrades get rid of all that.

As to the spin on oil filter, the only issue on mine (O-200) is that it mounts right in the middle of the aluminum cooling baffle on the left side of the engine. My A&P will have to significantly modify the baffle to clear the adapter and filter. However, the benefits sure outway that little problem. :)

Dale

Back