flight without spinner

Brendan Carmody

My 14-13-3 was retrofitted with a 180 hp Franklin and a McCauley CS prop [2A34C22] from a Maule. I've determined that the spinner is a McCauley part no. 4101. I'm trying to replace the missing front bulkhead and the severely cracked rear bulkhead. It's been a frustrating search. Two questions: 1) Does anyone have either bulkhead or know where I might get one? 2) Would it be "legal" to fly the airplane without a spinner from Texas where I left it to California where I'm now living [and figure out what to do about the spinner later]?

Were is it located in Texas ( big state) If you are close to Dallas I can probibly get an AI to sign off on a ferry permit,if the rest of the plane is in good shape. Then you could return it to its home. :lol: :lol:

It's in Giddings, Randy. That's about 30 miles east of Austin. The A&P that did the annual that discovered the missing/broken spinner parts has Inspection Aurhorization, of course. I guess he could sign off on a ferry permit. I thought the FAA had to do that? Thanks for your interest.

A chap in Sparta MI who advertised his parts finding services on Barnstormers has found replacements for the missing and broken spinner bulkheads -- new ones too. I should be fully airworthy within the next week to ten days. :)

Back