Flywheel ring gear

Bullockdr

Morning all...I have a Lycoming 0-435A and was wondering the easy and fastest way to find out if it has a 122 or 149 tooth flywheel ring gear? I'm looking to buy a Sky Tech starter..Thanks in advance...David

It has neither. Better get the part and o/h manuals for that engine. I think you are in for a lot of entertainment with an O-435.
The starter is rear mounted and I believe it is a Delco.

Thanks Dan...I do have the manuals for the engine, I was just going by what the ad said on the starter...I'll probably leave well enough alone, my starter works great and the engine runs really nice...thanks for the info...David

In attempting to find info, mods, and parts for the venerable O 435-A, one must get accustomed to the sound of chirping crickets. I wish there were starter and alternator mod's available for this pup, but I haven't found any. Tom Robinson

Thanks Tom...I'm going to just keep this cruisemaster original by keeping the 0-435..I actually started yesterday tearing the airplane apart beginning the process of restoring...Can't wait to find problems, fix them and then begin the healing process for the airplane...it's been necglected by past own ers, so I'm thankful to have it now and begin this adventure, which I'm confident, will require the wisdom of many individuals from the club to help keep me steering in a straight line...but I'm excited to get it going...David

Back