Front seat replacement

kenvolk

I find the fiberglass bucket seats in my 19-14-3 less than comfortable mostly due to the lack of back adjustment.I want to replace them with late model viking seats that have back tilt adjustment and the headrest. Kevin at factory say that they will fit (may have to cut a notch at front of track) Any thoughts on this, and help in locating 2 seats? Thanks Ken 940-368-2835 :?:

I've got newer style seats in my '66 -3a. There are notches ground on the seat rail brackets but since the seats were there when I bought my airplane, I don't know if they were there originally or cut by the previous owner. I'd try the scrap yards for seats.

Steve Jones
N8506R

:D Thanks Steve, I have those notches in my seat rails as well and don't know how they got there as I still have the old seats! Have tried several aircraft salvage yards but so far no luck...Guess there aren't that many Vikings being parted out (thankfully) Cheers Ken Volk...Ft Worth Tx area

I had the same problem with my 260. I just cut a board to fit under the back of the seat. I tried small boards first to see what I wanted, then cut one to fit.

Peter

Ken, If you are still looking for seats, you might try Faith Aviation in Sacramento Calif. The last time I was there (Maybe a year ago) they had a couple of Vikings that were being parted. They also had several sets of landing gear, including the ones with the air valves for the heavier gross weight. There number is 916-368-1832. Good luck._____Grant.

Thanks Grant, still looking and will certainly give them a call. Finding the seats is somewhat more difficult than I thought!!!....Cheers Ken

kenvolk said:
Thanks Grant, still looking and will certainly give them a call. Finding the seats is somewhat more difficult than I thought!!!....Cheers Ken

Have you called Wentworth? They are parting out several Vikings. The high back seats are in demand and fetch a pretty good price.

Wentworth Aircraft is the world's leading supplier of used aircraft parts for single-engine aircraft. We specialize in used aircraft parts, used avionics, and used aircraft engines for Piper Cherokee, Cessna 100 & 200 series, as well as Bellanca Super Vikings, and are the industry leader in used aircraft parts for these models. In addition, we stock an increasingly large amount of used parts for Bonanza, Baron, Mooney, Robinson R-22, Aztec, Seneca, and both Single and Twin Comanche.

http://www.wentworthaircraft.com/

Back