Fuel Lines

lwford

Yep two flights since Hydraulics and I got a leaking fuel line. Has anyone changed lines in these pigs? This looks like it will take some time to replace these. The CRATE Lynn :evil:

Well, I'm happier now the fuel hoses are out. Taking up the rear floor board was the trick. I could now see and get to the Adel clamps holding the hoses. The logs state they were replaced Oct 1983 so it was time. Specialty Hose in N Canton Ohio will make new ones while I wait. Two hour drive for me. I have used them for all the Piper oil hoses. Lynn the Crate :D

I use Specialty Hose in N Canton, OH myself for our 10 141 school aircraft and for our 135 Charter aircraft. They're just 8 miles down the road from Akron Fulton KAKR and do great work. For all of my Bellanca Crusair hoses, I will be making all of them myself, account of using the original AC-type instead of AN fittings for the fuel, oil, hydraulic and static systems. It would be nice to get you and Joe Bell to fly in up here KAKR and have a Bellanca Meet. Mark has a 14-13 and I have a 14-13-2. We could have the largest meeting of Tripple Tails Bellancas in 50 years :)

Lynn, I just flew in there Tuesday to help Mike along on his triple tail, it is good to see one flying to know what you are missing! Where are you out of if two hours from Canton? I am out of 16G.

I am based at KBTP Butler, PA about 25 mi north of city of Pittsburgh. Everybody at the hose company has Covid so I mailed the old hoses to them to be made up. That was a two hour drive not flying the Crate. Lynn the Crate

Back