Fuel Pump - Motor Mount Interference

Not the actual mounting but I have "special" wrenches to get the bolts in/out. Actually I have a whole drawer in my roll-around that houses my "Franklin tools".

Scott

The wrench I use for the fuel pump is simply one I have ground down, shortened, bent and otherwise mutilated so that I can turn one flat (sixth of a rotation) at a time.
I have a whole packet, perhaps 6 or so pages, or drawings, dimensions, Sears part #, etc, that I got from somebody about 1987 or 88. Some are hand drawn and some are typed and almost professional looking. I believe the packet came from the Stinson Club. The drawback is that other than the cylinder base wrenches they're not identified as to particular use. If you're interested, I can snail mail it to you. In addition I have about four 1/4" thin wall drive sockets that I've ground even more so they don't jam when working on certain intake and exhaust nuts.

Thanks larry... copied and filed.

This will get dealt with at MARS with Dan Torrey at the annual.

----

Thanks for the snail mail offer of the tool drawings.

I'm not sure how much longer I will be married to the Goose.
Maybe better for the new owner ( when I can find one ! ) to ask for this.

I am gonna snow the poor guy with manuals, spare parts, and yada yada as it is.

Most of the old timers - who probably should own this plane - have either moved on to LSA and Experimentals
or hung up their spurs.

Young guys - bless their souls - just kind of mumble and stare at their feet when confronted with the cruisair.

Maybe if I wrap the thing in aluminum foil, and paint some kind of insignia on it ? :wink:

Meanwhile, we soldier on, bank account running on empty.

Back