fuel pump switch on 14-19-3

dwjeepilot

My fuel pump switch has a resistor mounted on the side which we assume cuts the power in half to the pump when it is in the start mode. It works when in the emergency position but goes dead in the start position and the resistor gets extremely hot !! I have tried to find another resistor on the internet by looking up the manufacturer " OHMITE and the part #0200J with 1ohm resistance which is printed on the resistor. Anybody ?????? Duane

I have that exact same problem with my fuel pump swith. I am taking it over to Weber Aero in Alexandria MN to see what they can do. If I have success I will let you know.

Woodwing said:
I have that exact same problem with my fuel pump swith. I am taking it over to Weber Aero in Alexandria MN to see what they can do. If I have success I will let you know.
I e-mailed the Ohmite factory and they sent me a cross reference chart that lists the new part # for the old numbers. I ordered a new resistor from Allied Electronics. I also ordered a new switch from Spruce. My electronics guy is installing them for me as it has to be soldered to the switch and I solder terribly. If you want I will get the new # and post it and the e-mail address of Allied so you can order it online. The switch was $27 shipped and the resistor was $9.50.

Woodwing, The new part # for the resistor is "L25J1RO" and the e-mail address for Allied Electronics is "alliedelec.com". This is a 1 ohm, 25 watt, wire wound resistor. You can e-mail them at the same web-site and they will probably e-mail you the part # update list so you can check the numbers for your self assurance. Good luck, Duane

Thank you very much for the info Duane. There is not to many things as frustrating as a failed swith on a cross country flight in sub zero weather, been there done that .

Back