Gascolator Repair Kit - 7GCBC

Tom Fraser

I know this was posted before, however, no joy in locating the post. Does anyone have the o'ring list to repair the old gascolator in a 1979 7GCBC? Leaking badly.
Tom

Try this web site. I found some quick drains for my fuel tanek there. They may have what you seek.

http://www.skygeek.com/quick-drain.html

Thanks for the info on the web site - very interesting. However, no luck with info I require on the gascolator. I need someone who has repaired theirs in the past and have the o'ring part numbers.
Just tryng to save myself some downtime if I can get the info before removing for repair. Tom

Let me know what you find out. I have onethat will no doubt need the same thing. Also my Fuel shut off valve will need to be disassemble and cleaned and lubricated to work properly.

The American Champion folks are no help either. They say the parts are no longer available. They suggest getting an Aviation "O" ring kit and matching up and making gasket out of fuel resitant gasket material. These sound like viable options to me.

According to my records for my 1975 8KCAB:
Gascolator housing, 2 MS29513-031
valve 1 MS29513-006
valve shaft 1 MS29513-10
washer seal 1 Stato seal 5/8"

For the fuel shut off valve (Imperial) for my 1975 8KCAB:
"O" ring MS 29513-011
Flat copper washer 13/16" ID. I do not have an aviation #, but I found an assortment in a package at an auto parts store, they were for drain plugs, one of them is 13/16" ID.
There is a Beechcraft Service Instruction for beech Sundowners it's No. 0364-289Rev.III, they use the same valve. It recomends using Dow Corning FS-1292 Flourosilicone lubricant for the valve. I am using that and so far it works much better that "Fuel Lube".
Hope this helps.
Bill Becker

Back