Greetings from new 14-19-2 owner

planebones

I just want to say Howdy. I bought Cruismaster N9842B (mentioned in a topic about being "gear uped" in Phoenix in February) I am an A&P IA in Big Piney, WY (KBPI) if anyone gets close enough to stop by and give me advice. If you have an airbox, prop or other goodies let me know. I have the flaps rebuilt and am working off a two page squwak list. The engine is full of rust but I am chasing a mid time "L" model. Hope to have it flying by spring (which hits Wyoming in mid june). God bless! Ken McCune

Hi Ken, thanks for checking in on the forum here - we really need a little more activity on this site. Lots of good talent to help you so please give us more details as the project moves forward. You might recall that you and I spoke on the phone shortly after you bought 42B - glad to know your intention is to bring her back to flying condition. If you can get your Cruisemaster flying by next June you will be making better progress on your project than many of us, myself included! Parts are out there, it just takes time to track them down. Please post some pictures and keep us up to date on your progress... Rob

Ken, in the thread that Shipchief started about IO-470s I mentioned a 14-19 with an O-470R that was approved. In theory, doing something that has previously been approved is easier. If you dont get the engine that you are looking at, you might consider looking for an R. The plane is N6563N. Maybe pulling the CD could help you. Just my thoughts. Good Luck. _____Grant.

Back