Gross weight question

tdicke

If the Citabria was not certifed aerobatic and was only flown in the normal category what would the max gross weight be? 2,400 lbs? Things that make you go HUMMMMM.

This is from memory, but my recollection is that if you install a Sorensen Spray rig on a 7ECA per the TCDS the restricted category max gross is 2100#.

My guess is with the spray rig attached you will not be doing the extra G inducting areobatics. Sounds reasonable.

Checking the TCDS for the GCBC model I see with a 128 pound Sorenson spray rig installed the max gross weight is increased to 2325 pounds. With placards in view of the pilot prohibiting spins and aerobatics. Max weight of chemical based on airplane weight and balance but not to exceed 800 pounds.

So, If I get a restricted category airworthiness certificate, install a Sorenson spray rig I can boost the gross weight my GCBC to 2343 pounds. That would give me an additional 561 pounds useful load, (wheel pants removed) Wheel pants weight 14 pounds accodring to the TCDS.

And with a slight modification the spray tank can become a cargo pod.

Things that really make you go "HUMMMMMMM"

Restricted Category means that the operation is restricted to only the purpose for which the the Restricted Category Certificate is issued..............see FAR 91.313

Back