Headliner problem

Gary Brink

OK, it has been too quiet for a while so I'll throw out one of my MANY problems with my project. First, a bit of advice for first timer like me. Don't start with a project that consists of a couple of pick-up loads of parts plus wings, fuselage, engine, etc. I'm at the point where I'm starting to put in the interior but there is nothing but metal across the top of the windshield. How is the headliner fastened on the front. Am I missing some wood parts there? I don't see any glue on the metal so I doubt that it was glued to the metal. :?:
Gary

There should be a piece of wood on top of the square cross bar that is curved on the top that the top stringer is fitted into. the fabric wraps all the way up and fastens to the wood piece.....Greg

Thanks for the help but I stopped at Alexandria Aircraft (Bellanca) and borrowed their pattern board. I made one and have it on my bird.
Gary

The piece I am talking about is also what the windshield screws to and the fabric on top of the plane glues to....Greg

Gary,most of the Cruisair,s that I have seen have a thin trim piece over the piece that you made. When the headliner is attached ,and then fabric ,it can be pretty ugly. It shows through the windshield from the outside. I have seen both metal and varnished wood(maybe old wing skin?). _____Grant.

I actually got a small piece of the thin plywood from Alex Air and glued/nailed it on. It is finished so I believe it will be OK. Next question... There is a small wood piece that runs from the rear of the pilots's window back and curves down behind the rear seat. How do I fasten the headliner up between the end of that piece and the windshield. I'm talking about the area above the pilot's window? Am I missing a piece of wood that should go into that area?
Thanks again,
Gary

There is a small strip of wood that runs from behind the pilot's window back and down behind the rear seat. (Actually there is one on both sides.) My question is how do I fasten the headliner up between the end of that wood and the windshield. I'm talking about the area above the pilot's window. Am I missing a piece of wood for that area? :?:
Thanks,
Gary

The headliner is fastened to a couple of small wood pieces that run from behind the pilots window and the door back and curve down behind the rear seat. My question is how do I fasten up the headliner above the pilot's window? Am I missing a piece of wood that goes up there or how is it held up? :?:
Thanks again,
Gary

Back