Hey Robert - Got a Sound Effect for Crickets?

Jonathan Baron

It's awfully quiet in here....too quiet. Did aliens snare all the triple tail pilots? Did the FAA, employing the power of the Patriot Act finally discover that we're slipping an extra sawbuck to all those AMEs? Did the price of Avgas suddenly make you wish you had a Cub, Champ, or Luscombe?

I miss my guys! Lynn with all those angry emotions with devil ears. Randy's Texas terseness, Dangerous "Oy vey - I'll never finish the project" Dave...who will only be dangerous once his Cruisair is flying. And what of Larry's common sense and gentle humor?

Did the fella suffering from excess magnetism purge those invisible lines of force that were trying to get the attention of his compass?

Hey Joe - no more questions about Wilder's 14-19?

Dunno, but it feels as if a widespread Internet outage swept only those places where triple tails are based. I foiled this because my 'Master is still in Renton.

Jonathan

Cri - cri - cri ... ad nauseum.

How is that?

Jonathan, it seems everyone has gone into hybernation, as it's been very quiet on the web, snail mail, telephone, etc. This is a recurring phenomena and I've gotten used to it. It'll blow over...

Yes, Robert, I've noticed it over the years in all online aviation venues, particularly the type club forums and email lists. Never have gotten used to it though <sigh>

The only folks raising a barn right now are the Skyote guys - a big order of special tubing several of them went in on has arrived. Next up: a shipment of those flying wires that are only still made in Scotland :)

Jonathan

I tried to arrange for Brunton's to give us a special deal on their flying wires years ago, but they referred me to their exclusive US distributor; he was listening, but died shortly thereafter. New owner will not even return calls.

Most Bellanca owners are out removing foliage from their wings - I think the leaves are trying to repatriate to the fine wood underneath ;-)

Is aviation the only realm where businesses exist that either don't want business or get annoyed when you try to do business with them? Or does that only apply to single mechanical shops? :wink:

Jonathan

This ought to scare everyone. I am taking a page from med school and now teaching a general A&P course at my"alma mater". Like a surgeon...watch one, do one, teach one!
So, the reason I have been scarce is 'cause I am busy writing Power Point presentations, and preparing labs.
I have substituded before, but boy do I have a new respect for teachers! This is a lot of work...and I am suppose to be retired. I can hardly keep current. Shot a couple of approaches earlier. Good thing the regs say they don't have to be good approaches to count for currentcy. Did better the next week, but as my friend/CFI says, I may be legal, but not proficient. Got more work to do this weekend!
Now, I am back to weekends...at least until mid Dec. Then back to RETIRED!!!!(and flying whenever I WANT).

I'm actually working on 392 while the weather is nice. Two ailerons and the wings left to cover.
There are basically 2 months you can do fabric work/ painting here in Huntspatch USA- May and October.
I figure two more years ought to do it :D

Back