Hooker competition harness

mrich

Looking to upgrade from the standard harness to a Hooker competition harness for a 2008 Super Decathlon. Anybody have any experience with this change? Difficulty? Tips for install? Thanks.

Hooker Harness for Citabria/Decathlon.

Bought one, didn't have an export Cert, can't fit it in the UK but visit USA once a month so can post cheaply.

email, or PM for details.

Mike

My '79 8KCAB was fitted with a 5 point harness when I bought it a few years ago. I added a secondary lapbelt using the same attachment as the mains. I believe that some airplanes have additional lugs on the floor separate from the seat attachment lugs (not on mine though). I put Hookers in a few months ago.
I found Hooker to be excellent at answering questions before buying - I suggest that you contact them. The installation instructions are very comprehensive.
My only surprise was that additional holes in the floor were required as mine did not have those additional lugs - one set of straps was to be wrapped around the truss under the floor. I didn't do this - got local approval to deviate from the STC and bolt them to the same point.

Thanks Dave. I'm going to check the plane today but I think it already has the second lap belt attachment point for use.
Mike

Should bolt right in. An '08 has the second lap belt attachement.
Just need a log book entry that it is installed per ACA Drawing 3-1660.

Jerry
If I recall correctly from reading previous posts on the site - you own or run American Champion? If so thanks for building me such a beautiful aircraft, 63MR. Took delivery in June 08.
Mike

Mike,
You referred to an export CofA - did you mean an 8130-3 form?
We need that in Australia too, otherwise I could recommend a possible buyer here.

Yes, sadly just the harness as delivered - didn't think before I placed the order and they say they can't supply one after the event - pointless beaurocracy to my mind by the Feds !

Back