Hydraulic Powerpak Reservoirs

Rob58

Since we are on the subject of the Electrol 750N Powerpak used on the -2 & -3 birds, I have a question that even the very detailed post from 2008 did not answer... Basically what is the correct procedure to maintain the proper fluid level in the system (after it has been initially filled)? Can all fluid replenishments to the system be added to the firewall reservoir and from there the system will keep the correct fluid level in the Powerpak reservoir? Clearly the reservoir on the Powerpak contains the working supply of fluid, but how is the fluid regulated between these two sumps? If anyone has this figured out I would really appreciate the feedback! --Rob

Yup, hydraulic fluid level can be maintained from the resivour. The Power pack is self bleeding. Don't ask me how.....

Jack

I like your answer Jack and I am going with it! Thanks!!!

Question for you: what was the final outcome with all of your powerpak problems that you told us about a few years back? Did you find a decent used unit and did that solve all of the problems? Did you stick with Pifer or find some other resource?

Back