Instrument Lighting Upgrade

MNCruisemaster

Has anyone had good luck upgrading the instrument lighting on their Cruisemaster or Cruiseair?

I was looking at doing Fiberlites, but am concerned about fitment, ect. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks!
-Ryan

I am interested in the same thing. I saw a company "PilotLights" that has a goosneck red led map type light that I am thinking of trying.....mayby mounting it overhead? or off the side wall? They also have LED red post lights. I saw them on Amazon as well as aviation catelogs.

Installed them in Cherokee. I was not impressed. I thought the light was harsh and not very controllable by the dimmer. My impression and the owner said nothing as to how he liked it. Lynn the crate

I finally got the Fiberlites installed. Here's a pic of them on their highest setting. I did this so they show up well in the photo. I haven't flown with them at night yet, but in playing with them in the hangar they did seem to have good brightness control down to a very low level.

The instructions suggest mounting them so the fiber optics come in to the top of the bezel. I did this on most of the instruments but on a couple it made the routing of the fiber optics cumbersome so I opted for what installed more easily. You can pick out these instruments by the additional glare in the photo. The photo makes the glare look much worse than it is in person.

I installed these in front of the panel and behind the glare shield and installed the PWM dimmer that was recommended for them in the factory location without issue.

I had the panel already apart for my annual inspection, but if I had not I would estimate 8 hours start to finish to install them.

-Ryan

Back