Interior Insulation

Rob58

I think we need to pick up the pace on the forum…

So I have all of the interior panels removed from 35R to do some wiring clean-up and general maintenance. I want to replace the tired old insulation that sits between these panels and the fabric. There are so many materials out there to choose from I’m not sure how to make a good decision. One question is whether or not to stick the insulating panels to the fabric or just cut them to be a snug friction fit. Looking to collect some feedback from those that have been through this decision process. Thanks!

I'm going to be doing this soon as well. I think the most important thing is to have both radiant and convective heat blocking, so a foil-backed foam or fiber. I want to go for something very lightweight, too. They all seam to offer at least decent sound insulation. Thermo-Tec and other brands have products like this. Like you said, there are tons of options. Of course, there's always the question of what is FAA approved. I'd love to hear from some experienced folks, too.

Thanks for the comment Jarod - hopefully we can learn together. Because there are so many options I am ordering some small quantities of a few different materials. This will give me a better ability to make a final decision. I will report back on my evaluations. Please keep us posted if you find something you like. --Rob

Back