iPad installed in Cockpit?

rbausone

Anyone care to post pictures of what your iPad looks like in the cockpit? Where'd you mount it, what did you use (velcro, some fancy parts, other?)...? I cannot figure out where to put such a large appliance in such a real estate lacking work space; other than a knee board...

Don't have a picture, but my iPad Mini is mounted to a frame tube on the left side of the cockpit, right next to the instrument panel. I use a RAM yoke mount for that. I would have to crane my neck around the iPad to read the OAT gauge, but that's all it obscures for me...

Put the stratus behind it there on the window, works out pretty nice... Use a ram mount and it is an iPad mini, but my wife says from a distance it looks as big as a normal iPad.

Yeah, mine is very similar, but mounted on the left side so I don't knock it around getting in and out of the plane. Also because I don't like taking my right hand off the stick to manipulate the screen.

Dan - did you mount RAM for the iPad to the tubing, or like the Stratus, is it mounted via suction cup? Thanks

I've done it both ways — suction cup and "yoke mount" on the tubing. The new-style yoke mount works very well, and is 100% secure. Plus, that windshield is a bit 'flimsy' for my taste. But the suction cup does work, assuming you put it on a flat surface, and re-stick it prior to each flight.

I saw someone at an airport that hard mounted his 2S under the dash and had an external antenna for the GPS and ADS-B.... The suction cup works perfect for me with the 2S and the ram clamp mount for the iPad mini...

D

Back