Just Don't Mention Bellanca and You'll Be Okay

Jonathan Baron

All of you who regularly monitor Barnstormers probably do so, as I do, in place of the news....like the news, it's essentially dignified voyeurism, but Barnstormers features stuff I care about rather than what CNN.com has nowadays. And, like the news, it's filled with hidden drama. Comedy: someone asking 55k for a Luscombe. Horror: an otherwise nice airplane with some godawful paint scheme. Tragedy: those sales of aircraft the guy has owned for decades but is now selling 'cause he lost his medical, or the estate sales.

I'm not sure where this next case fits. One poor fellow has been trying to sell his 14-19 for years it seems. And for years it seems he's been coming up with different sales pitches. The price has always been reasonable - as reasonable as it can be when you don't show photos of the bird. Then, today, a different approach:

4 SEATS 160MPH • ACCEPTING OFFERS • low hours, Lycoming powered gentle retractable taildragger • Contact Mike G. Gunderson, Owner - located Athens, WI USA • Telephone: 715 257 7361 • Posted July 20, 2008

That's right, my Triple Tail brethren, this time he dropped the word, Bellanca.

<sigh>

Jonathan

Back