Landing Gear Creeping Down

mbrown

Yesterday, I took the Cruisemaster (7676B) out for a joy ride after a couple of months of being to busy to fly. The first thing that I noticed was just how nice flying this airplane is and the second thing that I noticed was that my landing gear up lights were not on and neither was my down lights. The airspeed was not where it should be at the power setting that I was using, so I knew that the gear was somewhere between up and down. I retracted the gear again and the up lights came on and stayed on about 5 seconds before going back off again. I repeated this procedure a couple of times with the same result and decided to land and check the fluid level, the hydraulic pressure during all of this looked pretty normal (1000 lbs or so). After landing, I checked the fluid level and added about 3 ounces or so to top it off. I do not believe the small amount of fluid missing would be the cause of the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to diagnose the problem and where to begin?

Monroe

For me the gear actuator seals needed to be replaced. Pressure was bleeding off through the seals. The other possiblity is in your control unit.

Cheers

Had the same problem, mine was the actuation seals or o-rings also. Mine would only creep down a little and in very cold weather or high altitude they would stay up tight. (cold thick fluid not leaking by?). My cylinders had a little pitting inside and wore out the o-rings prematurely. New rings did the trick. Brian

Thanks everyone for your input. I replaced the "O" rings in the actuator cylinders this weekend and all seems to be well.

Monroe

Thank goodness, Monroe! When you saw your initial post I was thinking...oh no, if it's the powerpack, the poor guy is in for a special brand of hell :roll:

Back