Landing Gear Retract Chain Adjustment

David,
I sent you the oil filter STC that I have for the Franklin.......
I do know how to tighten the chains on the Cruisair............
However, you have so many issues and questions about your airplane, that I am requesting that you get in contact with a local "aircraft engineer" that has experience with old airplanes...maybe even old Bellancas.
I know the Calgary/Edmonton area has a long aviation history and if you investigate you will find that special person to help and guide you with aircraft maintenance.
You owe it to yourself, your family and your airplane to get some competent guidance. It will be worth whatever you have to pay. After you get some experience and knowledge, not to be gained by someone here on the forum or internet....then you can continue with your owner-maintenance program with confidence and not proceed down the "primrose path."
Respectfully,
Dan

Dan,
I appreciate your concern. My questions are asked as I get to know this old bird. I've been flying for 20 years and have the oversight of my father that has been flying for 46 years.
I have a general dislike for AME's unless they specifically know the Cruisair. Since there are only a couple of these in Canada, I have not had much luck finding one who knows anything about them. All I get is 'I think I saw one about 20 years ago but don't know anything about them'.
I certainly appreciate all of the help that this forum has provided.

1. You get the airplane and parts manuals.. reprints from the club.

2. You need to establish the correct play for both, then determine what to do and where.

3. When you get those books and study them, you will find the adjustment point.
Sometimes it can be necessary to add or remove links.

I agree with Dan. Get some expert advice, even if you have to "import it"

I don't know where you are in Canada.. but Dan Torrey travels to work on Bellancas.
A day of Dan's time inspecting your airplane and advising you is Gold, and the expense.

I very much wish I had done this when I first got my Cruisair, rather than spending 18 months worrying
myself, and people on this forum - often un-necessarily.

If you are in central or eastern Canada.. consider contacting the experts in Minnesota... there are a couple.

A couple of thousand spent this way, will really put you on the right track with a priority list, and advice to accomplish it.

:D

Back