Landing gear seals

cglucas

Does anyone have any information about the seals or where to buy them for the Cruiseair main landing gear. I am giong to replace mine this annual and another member in Santa Fe is trying to replace his right now. Any information will be greatly appreciated. I will post my parts and suppliers when I find them.

Thanks Greg

Greg:

As per your question about landing gear seals, the old chevron seals are no longer available. You will need 2 o-rings per gear leg (forget which size, but it's common), and 2 Chicago Rawhide 17286 seals..this may be chicago rawhide 17286x2, I can't read my writing....but I think the x2 is 2 seals.

Fill the gear leg with 10wt. motor oil, and be sure the seal is installed with the lip up to retain the oil.

Hope this helps, I just reworked my old leather seals instead of this, but if they are shot, go with the chicago seals.

Hope this helps.

Merritt Marquiss

Thanks for the fast reply, I just realized I have the later heavy gear legs and Doug has the early light gear so I will have to figure out which seals are which. Again we will post part numbers for sure when we get them...

My information came from a letter via Miller back in 1988, it lists the same part numbers for the chicago seals for all 14-13-x series. There is one other seal company out there that we tried locating, but the chicago rawhides were the only ones we could obtain from anywhere. Also the letter mentions that these seals will work for 14-19, so I think they will probably work for your application and your friends. If you need anything else just yell.

Hope this helps

I was able to buy replacement seals for my 14-13-2 from a local hydraulics house. My seals are a stack of preformed “vâ€

Back