Lord mounts

N8506R

The mounts on my 14-19-3a are looking a little old. A/C Spruce wants $300 apiece! Anyone got a better idea? They are J7518-4.

Just a little friendly advice. Some of the newer mounts will crack instantly. They are not any better than the old used ones on your airplane.

Start it up run it and then decide if you need them.

I got lucky my -3A had new mounts when I bought it.

Joe
N8545R
14-19-3A

Joe,
If your mounts crack instantly they are defective and should be returned. Mounts should be replaced if they are cracked or sagging excessively. Running it will not tell you anything unless you have new mounts to compare it to and even then its debatable if one could tell the difference. Telling Steve his used mounts are just as good as new is disturbing unless you've seen Steve's mounts and used your A&P to determine that they are okay for continued service.

Call the folks at Lord they where very helpfully when I called a few years ago. I don'tThey will also sell direct. New mounts should not crack, If they do they have been seating a long time and are dried out. I don't have the # but they are in Texas :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks anyway, Joe.
I got all I needed from this post on the Cruisemaster forum. One of Lord's engineers left a great reply..
I'm trying to get to Oshkosh with my Bellanca. Are you taking yours? It'd be nice to get two -3a's parked together.

Steve

Steve,

I should be leaving tuesday WX permited for OSH.

Feel free to give a call and let me know when your going or where your parked.

Joe Rizzo
N8545R
14-19-3A
716-308-0441

Joe,

I think we will be up Sunday. My wife is kind of a big-shot so we go early and spend the entire week. I'll take the Bellanca barring any issues on the test flight. I'm still waiting for my log books and insurance. If I can't fly the Bellanca up, I'll take one of the other airplanes but I'd still like to come by and talk and look at your airplane some more.

Steve
847-331-8609 (cell)

I have a 10am IFR slot on Tuesday, I have the only john deere colored bellanca on the planet, you cant miss me.

I'll be in Vinatage parking

Joe Rizzo
N8545R
14-19-3A

Back