Lurker speaks out, New Owner (7ECA)

amunro

On Saturday I took delivery of a 1965 7ECA (serial number 290). I've known the previous owner for many years and was aquainted with the previous - previous owner before that. That owner had used it for tailwheel instruction and basic aerobatics. By all accounts he was a finicky instructor and aircraft owner.

In 1988 it was stripped bare and totally restored, with the addition of updating it to the 150hp Lycoming O-320. It's basically now a 7GCAA, but on has 26 gallons of fuel. About 3-4 years ago it went up on it's nose (but not on its back). The good news for me is that it received a new (not overhauled) O-320 A2B and a new prop, now at 240 hours. Total airframe time is slightly under 2000 hours and it has spent the majority of it's life (at least the history that I know of) in a hangar.

It's VFR single radio, no rear seat heater, has the overhead skylight and the rest is, I'm sure, totally familair to all of you. The only things new to me, that is to say different from the 7GCAA that I was familar with, are features of the early run Citabrias. Namely that it has that it has canoe sized wheel pants, heel brakes and the left window is a split slider instead of a tip out.

It just came out of a carefully done annual inspection. Wing spars check great, fabric is great and the engine is awesome.

I've lurked this list for about a year and I've learned quite a bit. I look forward to exchanging ideas for a long time to come.

Hi, amunro. Congratulations. I had delivered to me in September a 1965 7GCAA that was born a 7ECA also. Yes, the O320-A2B in mine with the 36 gal. tanks, no skylight, and a panel full of gyro stuff that I don't much look at. My second oil change is due in a couple hours already. My first airplane. Yours?
Pete

Back