Lynn Ford's 1419.

Gary Brink

I want to know which 1419 Lynn Ford flys. I got to meet him last week in Oshkosh and have some information that may be of interest to him.
Gary Brink

Gary, I own a 1958 14-19-2 s/n 4070. It has the Cont. O-470K which I call the OPEC 470. I fly it often even though it guzzles the fuel. My e-mail is lford1011@zoominternet.net I meet some neat people like yourself at OSH, in fact I consider this year the best yet. I hope what I sent you helped. Lynn the crate :lol:

I'll let you know if I have the wiring right. I need to Jack it up, raise the gear and retract the throttle to see if I get the light and alarms.
Gary

if your gear has the micro switch or switches on the gear legs, and one on the throttle linkage, you can test them for function on the ground without jacks, with a wrench, screwdriver and finger nail.

at least on the cruisair you can ( I have micro switch only on the right gear leg.. not both of them).

prolly later ones have 2.

blimpy said:
if your gear has the micro switch or switches on the gear legs, and one on the throttle linkage, you can test them for function on the ground without jacks, with a wrench, screwdriver and finger nail.

at least on the cruisair you can ( I have micro switch only on the right gear leg.. not both of them).

prolly later ones have 2.

Mine has 6 :)

you can tell if they work, but you cant tell if they're adjusted correctly unless it's on jacks. sux to have the light come on before the brace locks...

Back