Main Fuel Tank Selector 14-19-2

glennhake

The detents for the left, right, and off selections have become extremely weak. Otherwise the valve seems to work good. Anyone know how this is repaired :?:

I have one in my parts inventory that I will try to disassemble, clean and reseal this weekend. During that process I should be able to determine the design of the detents and see if there is anything that can be done.

RT

The shaft of the selector is brass and has a hexagon shape internally. The shaft passes through a plate with a hole of the same shape on its way to the selector valve. The plate is designed to make detents as it rotates with the shaft. The plate wore grooves into the brass shaft and stopped rotating with the shaft therefore not making the detents. I had exhausted all options and was investigating a repair to the shaft when the factory called to say they found a bunch of new 50 year old valves in an obscure corner somewhere. All I need to do is replace that 50 year old seal.

Fly Hawkers?

Glenn, do you have the single valve Rt,LT,Aux and off? Let me know what a new one costs as mine is weak also. Flew a Duo Discus sailplane at Minden up over Lake Tahoe, Wow what a great ride almost as good as your Hawker. Lynn :)

Glen, I'm not sure if you were asking me about Hawkers or not but I don't fly one. I fly a Gulfstream IV, though I flew a Hawker for 4 years. It was a 1966 Hawker 1A fan; an absolute rocket. 4000lbs lighter than a 700 with the same thrust. What do you fly? Where are you based?

Cheers.

RT

Based at RFD. Currently fly a Citation and Caravan that's on floats. Have a few thousand hours in G2s and Hawkers in a previous life though.

Keep the Bellanca here: http://oglecountyairport.com/news.php

Back