Maintenance manual for 14-13.

Gary Brink

I have the Parts Manual as well as the Operators and Service Manual but am wondering if there is another manual for the 14-13 series aircraft. As I reassemble my plane, I find that I am going to both Webers and the factory with questions that should be answered by a manual.
Gary

there are operators and overhaul/service manuals for the Franklin Engine.. but you've got what there is for the cruisair...
club has some pamphlets on various subjects some of dubious value. Also there is a website with ALL the service bulletins on the franklin engines.

this is why the archives are so important.. and I keep posting info on basic crap...even though it probably bores the old timers to tears.

Dan Torrey at MARS ( mobile aircraft repair service) in Santa Paula Calif is a good source for practical service
info... of course that's what he does for a living !
Larry

Thanks for the response, Larry. I had looked in the archives and didn't find anything that resembled a maintenance manual but I thought that I should at least ask.
Gary

Yeah... learn as you go.. and ask the mechanics and restorers who lurk here:
Larry
Bill
Dan

There is a Franklin 150/165 Overhaul and Maint Manual for the Franklin which has a LOT of good info for maintaining and inspecting the engine.

Larry Lowenkron or I can send it to you on pdf. I have a very slow internet connection.. so I'm second choice there.
It's nice to have a print copy at hand at annual, also.

It has plenty of illustrations, as well as outlining procedures and tables of torques, assembly and wear limits and etc.

Tightening the bolts on the accessory case/oil pan interface isn't as simple as it might appear.. so that manual is
important.

The manual for the 335 and 350 engines are more up to date and give great information, though it is NOT the actual manual for our engines. You can download an IPL for the 350 at:
http://franklin-engines.com/
THis is the Polish company that trickled down form PZL. They have been making great promises but little results as far as I know. Susan at A1 is probably the BEST source for Franklin information in the US. Her site is:
http://franklinparts.com/index.php
The site is building, so you may just want to call her and she will send you a lot of information.
Larry L

Back