Master cylinder identification

Jarod

I'm trying to identify these master cylinders that came out of my Cruisair. The silver one came out of a 14-19-2, but I'm not sure if it's original. Yes, there were different cylinders on right and left pedals, which didn't strike me as an ideal situation. I have Bodell brakes with Adams wheels. Blimpy indicated a few years back that the Bodells came with Wheeler-Dealer master cylinders, which makes sense because at one point Bodell was dba Wheeler-Dealer. They must have merged. I could find literally no other info on the internet about Wheeler Dealer master cylinders. It's my belief that they just re-labeled another brand, as they and Bodell seem to have done with Adams and Firestone Wheels. Blimpy's "Wheeler-Dealer" cylinders had a 5/8" bore. Both of the cylinders below have a 3/4" bore, which makes me suspect that my cylinders may not have been properly matched to the Bodell brakes in the first place (previous owner install). My braking power has been adequate, but not great. Going down to a 5/8" bore (if that is indeed the CORRECT match for the Bodells), would give me more braking force. That being the case, I just applied for a field approval to replace the master cylinders with new Grove units with a 5/8" bore. Any info on these old cylinders or Bodell / Wheeler-Dealer cylinders would be appreciated. Thanks!

By the way, I have left a couple of very nice messages asking for parts and info from Skybound, who became the Bodell supplier years ago. They have an answering machine, so apparently they are still in business, but I have not heard back from them after 2 weeks. This has apparently been an issue with them for years, so I'm not going to bother.

Back