Members restoring 1966 7ECA?

NOt a 1966 but a 1970 7ECA. Just putting the finishing touches on it now. Hope to fly it in the next couple of weeks. New wings with metal spars, Stewart system of fabric work on fuselage and tail surfaces. New cables and pulleys in the fuselage, sanded and re coated frame, all the stringers were good so we just sanded and re-varnished these, repaired one former, replaced boot cowl, and the rest of it was just replace hardware clean up and paint stuff. No work on engine as it only has 600hrs on a major. NOt exactly a restoration but kind of a rejuvenation! If you have questions, I'll try to help. Mine is being done with the supervision by an A&P - IA.
LArry

Did you take pictures of your wing tanks installation? I'm working on a wood winged 66 ECA and the pylwood underneath the tank makes me want to add a couple of straps from the ribs to rib..

No, I didn't take any picturees of the fuel tank installation. I think I saw it illustrated in the parts manual purchased from Univair, I'll check that out when I get back to my hangar in the next couple of days.If I find it I'll forward to you.

lg

Back