more hydraulics AND Bellanca saturday

bobgoodman

i think i got my hydraulics all fixed. the culprit seems to have been the worst flare i've ever seen on a tube, aircraft or otherwise. it was the line that puts the flaps down, and it mainly leaked when the flaps were lowered in flight, when there was a lot of pressure on the line. it didn't leak when it wasn't flying. plus there was enough slack where all i had to do was cut it off and re-flare the tube. i didn't even have to put in a splice. extra added benefit, the manual pump is all put back together with ez lube. it really was seeping a little bit out the top and wet with 5606 around the gasket, but that wasn't the main issue.

saturday in wetumpka alabama is a pancake breakfast fund raiser for the local eaa chapter. weather looks great, i'm going to go over in the cruisemaster and would love to see some more bellancas there. i was going to go in the rv but somebody pointed out there will be lots of rv's but only one cruisemaster. it's not far for me, the difference in gas won't be much. a few gallons. starts at 8am. if you come and i'm happy, it means there's no 5606 under my airplane.

bobg

Back