my leaky flare

bobgoodman

i know who did this. i won't mention any names. it was not me. this is the worst flare i have ever seen on anything, much less an airplane that needs it's hydraulic fluid to put the wheels down. it was not an a&p mechanic. owner maintenance. not the last owner.

by the way, the cruisemaster was a big hit at the eaa pancake breakfast in wetumpka. with the old guys anyway. they all wanted to tell me about the one their dad had or the one they used to fly or the one they used to see. almost all the planes there were conventional gear. one guy showed me his model 10 stinson project. it's almost done (the proverbial 90% done.......) and it looks really great. he's going back with the original franklin, and i can't fault him because he's making a total restoration, but it would be a more usable airplane with a modern motor. but he's doing a great job on it.

when i got there, a giant fog bank was over the field, but it was severe clear everywhere else. we landed about 5 miles away and had some coffee and chatted a while, then went on over to wetumpka no problem.

there were no drips of any kind under my airplane anywhere today. i'm calling it fixed. the big continental purred the whole way over and back, about 150kts both ways. not much wind. air was smooth as silk, you could see a million miles.

it was a great morning to fly a cruisemaster. i didn't eat any pancakes but the sausage and coffee was good, and i was glad to contribute to the cause.

bobg

Back