Need a battery

Alain1

Battery quit on my bird...
Was going to meet Mike this morning and let him try the Red. I feel like sh... :evil:
I put it on charger for a while but it's just not taking it. :cry:

What battery you guys suggest for my 14-13-2 165 h.p. Franky.

Alain.

I drove over to Wag-Aero to buy a new Conord battery for my 14-19. I chose the Concord Recombinant Gas (RG) Sealed Battery, RG-35AXC. I like the sealed batterys because they are less messy and ease to install. Out of the box and right into the plane. :D

Thanks for the tip
I opened my ""sealed'' batery last night, was missing acid. Filled it, put it on the charge until this morning, put it back in the Red and zit...kaput :evil: . It's really dead. :roll: It's funny, when I test it, it shows 12 volts, but it can't take the load.
I will order a new one tomorow.

And yes, the starter is good, when I boost, no problem.

Alain.

New Condord RG-35AXC Ordered. On it's way from Aircraft Spruce in Toronto. Should be back in the air by the week-end.

You may want to check the dimensions to compare with your old battery. My old Gill 35 S was a little bit smaller and about 2 and a 1/2 pounds liter. But it did fit in the box.

It shows the same size on the diagram but is 32 lbs instead of 29.5
This mean I have to loose 2.5 lbs for the week-end... :lol:

Nah, Alain, that 2.5 pounds of rearward CG will give more speed :)

Seriously, those old Monocoupe racers (the ones who won) knew just far aft they could push the CG on those wonderful birds.

Jonathan

Aaah I'm relieved, my restaurant dinner friday night will stay on...
I'll have a good excuse, speed mean more economy of fuel, in the long run, the dinner will be paid by itself...Ok,ok I'll leave it there. :wink: I don't think she'll buy this! :lol:

As I recall my 14-19-2 weight and ballance called for a 34 pound battery plus box, so the 32 pounder should be just about right if the 34 is the same for other models.

Just installed the new battery and went for couple of touch and goes.. that started fast! The old one was really finished!

Back