Never mind...

Mikedanford

Moron Roland Drowns sold the airplane from underneath me as I found out by a returned to sender check I sent by agreement.... After joining this club and buying a bunch of manuals. Not even a courtesy call... It happens.

If the new buyer is reading, congratulations.

I, on the other hand, have found quite a plane genre and am researching another cruisair buy. Super impressed by this group!

Cheers,

Mike

Blimpy and I can have a BIG BELLANCA SALE, mine is going to be up for sale by the fly-in time. That is if my IA can get down to do an annual. ____Grant.

Sorry that you lost out on the cruisair, but to be totally honest, you are probably better off.
You can buy a flying cruisiar in the 25k region, and I think you would have spent at least that to get the barn find flying.

You're right, just wouldn't have to spend that much all at once. I kinda wanted the project...

There's more of them out there!

Mike

Mike- if you want a "builder" is guaranteed to be all there, you really need to talk to me. My poor Cruisair has been in a single-car garage since 1999 and I just can't seem to get the coin together to get her finished. For instance, just had a vet bill for $800 after saving almost $2k toward the paint job. :roll:

I'm sorry that happened to you. FWIW, all the guys that post on this board are stand up people. If I didn't already own NC86916, I'd buy Larry's airplane in a heartbeat. I've never seen it in person, but it looks like it is a rock solid airplane mechanically and that is truly the key to 'Cruisair Nirvana'. Cosmetics are great, mechanical condition is everything.

Best Wishes,
Brad Donner
NC86916

So here's the deal. Finishing up two planes right now. A starduster too that got it's gear ripped off. Mechanical repair, not a restoration.

46 chief, total restoration. Was going to try and sell one of them to get the funds to fix that cruisair I was trying to buy. If I can just get one flying, that's cool too, rather than a total project.

One should fly before the snow does, the other the following spring. Really want a nice little cross country plane for my son. He was all excited because it's classic and a taildragger. He's a Piet driver... So I'm still heading that direction. Not in small part because of the support I've seen from this group.

Mike

If you are mechanically minded enough to fix stardusters and the like, and want a retractable tailwheel ragwing, then the bellanca is your bird!

I will second most of the other guys in saying that buying either a totally restored bird, or one that is mechanically 99% and cosmetically not the best, is your best option. You can find a really nice but not cosmetically perfect cruisiar for 25k, and you can find a fully restored show winner for not much past 30k.
It just seems like the best way to fly. I'm sure many on this board can tell you of the ssmall restoration that ended up taking 5-8 Years.
good luck!

Back