New Prop

shouldhunt

Got my 8241 prop installed and approved, trying to figure out what the perfomance difference was with my 8040. 73 7GCBC 160 hp

Are you going to keep the 8040? I look forward to hearing your thoughts on performance differences between the two.
I'm still riding behind a cruise prop and need to step up to a climb prop.

Got to keep old prop, cause around here, its pretty common to have a prop strike and with a cruise prop, your not getting out of the rocks or off the sand bar. Will tell you I also have a 76/50 cut down to 74 like the book says and there is about 80 feet different in takeoff. For float go with a 80/42 or 43. With the 8040 when it unload I have to back off immediately to stop from over rpms, even in full climb. But I get 2550 at static and get off like no other citabria or scout I know of. Since I upgraded to 160hp, the 74/50 I get 2650 at static, so I have to repitch it even for backup prop.

Terry

Terry-

I have some questions about installation of the 8241 and would like to talk to you (I have questions about the spacer). If you are willing, please send a phone number to zim[at}ak.net.

Thanks,

Chris

Back