Nice airplane for sale

joen6171b

Somebody is going to get a nice plane here, just thought I'd mention it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1947-Bellanca-Cruisair-Sr-14-13-2-No-Reserve_W0QQitemZ190224722658QQihZ009QQcategoryZ63677QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Joe

That is my airplane up for sale there.... If anyone here is interested and would like to discuss it with me, you can call me: 952-334-1801. Its a solid airplane with no issues but with the market the way it is now, planes are going cheap... I'm taking a big loss on this one but also getting my next one (IFR Navion) for about 1/2 of what it's really worth so there is some comfort there.... I love my Bellanca and this wasn't an easy decision... Despite the dollars spent, owning and operating an airplane of this calibre has been a terrific experience - they truly are a magical sort of machine

Tim

Tim,
This is a nice aircraft and a great buy !! Want to deliver it to Australia it's not really that far!! I could find a nice snug hanger for it , no worries.

I think that aux tank discussion would be pertinent here, Bernie. All the modification you'd need is to take the essential concept and simply attach a zero to the end of the 20.

Just plan a fuel stop at Midway...if there is still fuel there. If not, it's the famous words, "Hello Manilla Radio..."

Jono,
My Cruisair flew from England to Australia so don't under estimate what these little thorough breds can do!! The guy who flew it here, picked the cruisair for it's wonderful flying characteristic, good range and the fact that he thought it would float if he put it down over the rather large stretches of water he had to fly over!!! (Actually he wrote a very interesting account of the trip, part of the story is in early club mags around 1989)
But if I flew it out I'd go - Hawaii- Marshall Islands - Solomon islands - Australia, a mere 6,500 miles give or take a few hundred miles. Sir Kingsford Smith did it in style.

Bernie
from down under........... along way down under.

You'd have to have a lot more than 54 gallons of fuel. I get the 'willies' just flying over Lake Michigan or out to Santa Catalina. A container on a ship would be best. It's fun to dream, though.

I noticed this aircraft has sold, at $22,100.00 in my humble opinion it was an excellent buy!!
A seriously nice cruisair appears very well looked after, someone got a real bargin.

Last weekend, I delivered my Cruisair to its new owner. I did a one day marathon trip from Minneapolis to Lewiston, ID. It took about 14 hours total with fuel stops and pesky headwinds and turbulence the whole way. Some truly spectactular scenery from the Black Hills all the way into Lewiston. The new owner is an interesting fellow with some pretty heavy tail-dragger experience in the mid to late 1940s - Bearcats, Corsairs, Hellcats among others... I think he'll like the Bellanca. The deal I had for the Navion fell through - the seller sold it out from under me while I was there to check it out in Dallas - never even gave me a chance.

I hope ya'll don't think me a Benedict Arnold but I found a very nicely equipped J35 Bonanza here in the Twin Cities for a great price. I decided to get it and will take delivery soon. The owners have already done just about every upgrade I'd ever want to do to an airplane. The plane doesn't handle quite like the Cruisair - there are springs and interconnects that seem to fight your inputs and of course, the tailwheel is on the wrong end - but it really moves out and most importantly, the wife is very happy with the room and comfort. I miss my Cruisair already, our last trip was a hoot and she performed flawlessly over some pretty high and desolate mountains. But, my flying needs are changing from pure fun flying to actual business travel and the Bonanza fits that bill in ways the Cruisair never could.

So you know, I did look seriously at a 14-19-3 Cruismaster that was also for sale here in the Twin Cities and even made a short cross-country with the seller. A nice bird and quite a bit roomier than my Cruisair. The Bonanza was a lot better equipped for the money and quite a bit faster too.... Now is really the time to buy an airplane - the market is so slow that you can get a great bird for a lot less money than you'd think. I didn't think I'd be getting into an airplane like this Bonanza for another 10 years but now is the time... Everyone has had to discount the asking prices by 20-30% below Vref... Here are links to the airplanes I considered..

http://www.barnstormers.com/classified_251519_J-35+Bonanza.html
http://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft-for-sale/BELLANCA-14-19-3/1960-BELLANCA-14-19-3/1138523.htm?guid=BA444F0511E74BA29CBFE1A3E57572E2

You all have been great and I'll always speak highly of Bellancas and this club...

Blue skies

Tim

Back