NO BFR in Cruisair

blimpy

Damn CFI refused to give me my BFR in my Cruisair.

Now I am having to learn to fly a warrior just to do it, and pay for the privilege.

Seems he wants me to fly to "PTSD" standards too.

Is this normal or hooey ?

blimpster said:
Now I am having to learn to fly a warrior just to do it, and pay for the privilege.
Seems he wants me to fly to "PTSD" standards too.
Is this normal or hooey ?

I'd find a different CFI, I did my commercial check ride in my -3.

I'd say Hooey. I just completed BFR in my 14-13-2 yesterday. Need a CFI in SC? - just let me know.

Yes, get another CFI....one who has experience in a wide variety of airplanes.
I've given many BFRs over the years in Cruisairs and Cruisemasters. I've never had
a problem with owner/operators in these airplanes. Too bad you are 700 miles away......
Dan Cullman

blimpster said:
As the others say, get another CFI.
I'll do a BFR in your Crusair anyday, but I am in NW Georgia.
Come over and get a glider rating! :)

SoCalPlaneDoc said:
I did my commercial check ride in my -3.
How did you manage to get a commercial on a fixed (or non controllable) pitch propeller aircraft?

From Chapter 11 of FAA-H-8083-3A, Airplane Flying Handbook:
A complex airplane is defined as an airplane equipped
with a retractable landing gear, wing flaps, and a
controllable-pitch propeller.

What gives?

Well, if you don't know what a 14-19-3 is, go to the FAA TDCS and you will find that it is equipped with a Hartzell or McCauley constant speed propeller.
Dan

Would a Cruisair with a High Cruise Aeromatic require a complex endorsement to legally fly. It is a cockpit controlled (somewhat) prop? _____Grant.

Blimpy, I think you know Larry Shapiro from Santa Rosa. Whatever CFI does his BFRs would be very familiar with a Cruisair. I dont have his number handy, but he might be in the phone book. Just something to try! ______Grant.

Dan Cullman said:
Well, if you don't know what a 14-19-3 is, go to the FAA TDCS and you will find that it is equipped with a Hartzell or McCauley constant speed propeller.
Dan

Oops...
I was thinking 14-13-3! :oops:

I got my commercial and CFI in my Super Viking! :mrgreen:
ET

I think Larry R has a Cruisair, but since we are talking about what we got our ratings in...I got my private in a Wright Model B and my Commercial in a JN-4. ;{
Larry, there are at least two instructors at Creswell who will do your BFR in your Bellanca. Let me know if interested, but I am sure there must be someone around or in the vicinity of STS who would do it.
LL

Is that one of those newfangled things that are supposed to tell you how fast you're going? Airspeed indicator, not hair… That's why I have a beard- just stick my head out to feel the angle of deflection on my chin.

I'd say it's a load of muck. If you're still current in your Cruisair, the CFI does not have to be PIC eligable in the aircraft. I do lots of BFRs in owner's aircraft, it's NOT a problem.

Not sure where you are but I'm in SW Virginia near Blacksburg, VA and about a hefty stones throw from MT. Airy, NC. If I can help let me know.

Thanks Guys !... Larry Shapiro's Guy in Santa Rosa is : ___________ and how he has his senior moment.... drum roll. :roll:

All done now. Did it in the Warrior II ( 161)... which afforded me the opportunity to learn that I can still fly
on the gauges, intercept and track VOR 's, and learn a new aircraft (sorta ).

None of which can be done very easily in the goose. Although partial panel practice in it would have
been more useful !

Goose has gotta find a new home.. and guess I go back to blowing bubbles.

Back