oil temp on 8KCAB

With the oil cooler cover on and the cowl flap fully closed you should not have a problem, but what's really needed is a a simple cable operated cowl flap lever operable from the cockpit, very similar to that found in the Christan Eagle. Purely mechanical and perhaps doable with what the FAA calls a "field approval." I'll let you all know in the Spring if this works. A kit from ACA, while more costly, would certainly be preferable.
Jim Robins
7GCBC

I would just love it if ACA (Jerry) would come up with a cockpit controled oil cooler door, (maybe like the RV's have), and a cockpit cowl flap controle. I am thankfull they came up with the cowl flap, now we need the controles.
Bill Becker

http://www.vansaircraft.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?ident=1332588705-110-564&browse=engines&product=oil_shutter

Oil cooler louver-solves all oil temp issues. Works GREAT!

Can the Van's oil cooler louvers be installed as a minor alteration, or would I need a 337 and FAA field approval?

I do not have anything on it. I was just going to duck tape half of the oil cooler ... Like the 185 guys do and see if that helps get the oil temp up.

Back