original hayes brakes?

tjbell

I have the original brakes and wheels on our 14-13 that are getting replaced with the Clevelands, I do not know if anyone wants them? or not? I have older vehicles and know that some times it is nice to have spares in stead of pitching them. The price is shipping for them.

Make sure you change to modern master cylinders. Clevelands dont work worth a darn with the original masters. I cant tell you which Cleveland masters work since my paperwork is rather poor, but I know the originals were horrible. I have seen reference to 10-20 masters, but I have never seen them installed. Do your research. Grant.

Grant, I had heard the originals where spongie and talked to Cleveland on the upgrade and have the new ones they recommend just working on the wings right now. Then under the dash we go, maybe I will get some one a whole lot younger for that job! Thanks for the advise, Joe

Joe, what number did Cleveland give you and do they mount the same? The length is pretty critical for comfortable pedal positions. I think that the wrong masters may have been part of the reason for the AD on the attach brackets. Original masters with Clevelands or Bodells demand very high foot pressure. ____Grant.

Back