Over pressure relief valve???

gjordan

I have an issue with my hand pump hydraulic gear and need to buy an over pressure relief valve. I have not had any luck finding one. Does anybody have a suggestion or source? Thanks, Grant.

I dont have a part number anymore (thanks to the fire) and I cant seem to find anything on the internet that isnt sized for a backhoe. If anyone still has the drawings for the Slim Kidwell gear, it shows a part number. What outfit rebuilds the power packs? They may be familiar enough with aviation hydraulics to give me a lead or source. ____Grant

Grant,
Pifer's Airmotive, Inc. rebuilt my 750B power pack. Based on the price, I think they used solid gold parts. Their numbers are (800) 878-0909, and (248) 674-0909. The address is (or was) 1660 Airport Rd.; Waterford, MI 48327. Don't know if they're still in business. It was 15 years ago. Tom Robinson

I just looked for Vector products and get automotive things, but not hydraulics. I called Pifer today and left a message, but not heard anything back. I seem to remember that the Kidwell gear had a different brand of relief valve, but not sure. Grant

The lead on Cox Airparts is very helpful - they were not on my radar screen. On the Cox website they have a video of their hydraulic test unit which is really cool, including a miniature retractable landing gear simulation to give you a clear visual on what is happening. It would be very interesting to know what this company charges for an overhaul to the Electrol 750. Let's find out!

Just as a note on this quest. I phoned or emailed each of the places mentioned and did not get a single response. I am still on the hunt. Any other ideas would be welcome. _____Grant.

Rick Cox didn't answer? I hope he's not sick/retired. A man with his talent is so valuable to our group.
I'll be Stateside in a few days. I'll try to seek him out.
Good luck with your projects everyone!

Hey Gang! I'm Stateside again and I called Rick Cox. He answered on the third ring. I mentioned that I put his number on our forum and he said that is fine and he will be glad to help us all!
I believe this man is very skilled and has the resources.
He did mention that if he is in the back with the machines running he might not hear the phone, but I am assured he is still in business!
Good luck everyone on your projects!
John L

Back