Peeling off $100's into traffic from an overpass.

blimpy said:
and quit whinning.
just think of it as, you get to work on an airplane.
there's many much worse things.

I got mine done (it's phase 1 upgrade) Last Friday and flew it Saturday, after 18 months of down time. Oddly, Sunday I felt a certain emptiness.... :)

Larry, If you do take it down for a while, contact your insurance co, and have them change your insurance to reflect that it is parked and not flying. Should reduce your rate considerably. If you have just liability, you may not have to have any...up to you of course.
LL

Thanks guys,
Yeah, I'll just wait for the weather to suit my clothes, so to speak.

An opportunity to putter at some projects that would be more annoying if the thing
were still in license.

Have to have the liability insurance ( muni airport) , in the event that I push it out to run it up.. I'll want
the insurance anyway.

18 months ! I bet that felt good !

blimpy said:
18 months ! I bet that felt good !

Ya, it was great. A bunch of us headed north for breakfast. I took off last, passed them all - arriving first :)

but then the great stormpocalypse of 2014 hit California so, no flying. :(

The casting # for the engines is located below the #5 and #6 cyl. For 150's it's "usually" 17515 & 17516. For 165 Light case it is 18305 and 18306. HC's are 18905 and 18906. Check your parts list and you'll see them there. Also might want to check out AD 51-15-02 for ref.
Sounds like you guys are getting a taste of the rain in the Willamette Valley (and then some!) Try and stay dry...but for sure, keep your wings dry!!!

taking a visual cue from the fellow in Portland with the blue crusair ( now sold I guess)
I put tarps down on the floor of the hanger, let any visiting water pass under them.

Back