Petersen autogas STC rip off

eppoh

I usually avoid ranting on line, but I think this should get out. Forewarned and all that..
The paperwork for my Petersen autofuel STC is lost- except for the 337 and the log entry. The STC cost 50cents per horsepower when it was bought. That was 75 dollars.

I contacted Petersen to get copies of the STC for my records. That is 4 sheets of paper.
They are demanding $112 dollars for these 4 replacement sheets on an STC that is 20 years old! When I fudged they said it is dirt cheap!

WOW!. I had a similar request to another STC holder and they charged nothing- just emailed it to me 30 minutes later.

I think Petersen is being unreasonable.

If you or anyone you know has plans on buying an Autofuel STC, remember, Petersen will hold you up if you later lose the paperwork.

I'll use EAA next time if I can.

That is pretty crappy. If you have all the info with SN and everything showing proof that you DID have there STC there should be no reason they charge you other than possibly a small "handling fee" would be acceptable. But to charge that much is really out of line. Thanks for the info. As I was looking to "Legally" get one myself since I fly out of my farm.
Keith

Back