Pilot is OK!!!

meat n the seat

Glad the pilot is OK! Looks like he did a good job. Hopefully the airplane is not too badly damaged.
http://www.koat.com/news/18712556/detail.html

A few months back I saw a show called( Destroyed in 30 Seconds) on late night TV. It showed some fishermen on a lake and one of them was video taping his buddies when they all noticed a plane coming down on the lake. They filmed the badly out of control plane which was rolling violently and pitching up and down,until it hit the lake. It hit hard but level and there were boats to the rescue almost as soon as it hit. They got the two passengers out right away,and took a little longer to get the pilot out since he had injured his back from the impact. Since this was one of those sensationalized TV shows they reversed the video about 4 times before I realized that "Oh Hell,thats a Bellanca". It was a Viking ,which was verified when they showed a piece of wooden wing floating past. Bellancas are tough, but hit hard enough and any thing will break. At least they all survived. It sure was not a "Sully "class landing. VERY INTERESTING video to watch.______ Grant.

Grant, I saw that and could not figure out why that guy stalled it all the way in. A little more airspeed and he would have been just fine. he stopped in like ten feet from where he hit the water. Brian

I wonder if Oregon Aero seat padding would have prevented the back injury? I hate to think what that much impact would have done if it had been a Cruisair with the horrible front seats that we have. That steel bar just a thin piece of foam away from my tailbone always makes me nervous.____Grant.

Back