Polish Cruisair Tail Wheel Tire Wersja 1 Nr.156

blimpy

What my current tailwheel tire says is Wersja 1 Nr. 156

Wersja apparently is Polish for Warsaw.

Wersja 1 tires are made by Stomil-Poznan S.A (eg. incorporated )

They have a nice website primarily in Polish, but with some English. Click the Aviation Tab.
Long list of tire sizes - all metric.

They make tires for European Certified Aircraft and gliders.

I will check my tire for metric sizing. Hope size is still made.

If so... is there enough group interest to warrant getting a small box of these things
sent from Europe ? I have friends in Germany and Ukraine, who could probably get the deed done.

Or have people changed to something more easily obtained ?

larry :)

The Wersja works like a champ!

I just installed the Wersja Nr. 126 (I can't explain the part number difference) on my 14-13 and shot a dozen or so landings to make sure it worked properly and I was very pleased. It was installed as a replacement for the existing Royal Airplane (?) 8.00 SC 6 ply pneumatic tire with tube that looked like it had been on the airplane forever, but performed PERFECTLY until it wore down to the cord.

Here are the details on the tire and tube:
*** It's a Wersja Nr. 126 200 x 80 SC (smooth contour) tire - if I understand the spec sheet, it's a 6 ply tire.
*** It is available at http://wingsandwheels.com. NOTE: You will not be able to find the tire by using their search engine until they do a scheduled update on their web site. In the mean time, you can call them at (909) 302-1811 and order by phone. The staff is very nice.
*** The part # for the tire is 4663, the part # for the tube is 4732.
*** The price - sit down...... breathe....... $95.70 for the tire, $37.95 for the tube
*** The quality of the tire appears to be excellent and some of my friends in the aerobatic community are flying Wersja tires with excellent results for longevity.

No, it's not cheap, but it appears to be a good tire, it fits the existing wheel, and it has no adverse effects on ground handling - so I consider it to be cheap insurance.

Brad Donner
NC86916

PS: This is an edited version of my original post. Robert correctly pointed out that "Wersja" is not the name of the manufacturer. The manufacturer is Stomil Poznan and here is a link to the English language version of their web site:

http://www.stomil-poznan.pl/en/oferta-opony/tires/aircraft-tires/

I DO NOT KNOW if they will sell a tire directly to a US buyer. As I state above, I bought mine from Wings and Wheels in California and it was a seamless transaction.

Robert:

Yeah. Blimpy's post correctly identifies the name of the manufacturer, but if you call Wings & Wheels to order a tire and say "Wersja", they know what you mean.

Brad Donner
NC86916

Back