Project completed!

Gary Brink

My 1413-2 is finally complete but we haven't flown it yet. (-12 degrees today.). Thank you to all who have helped with advice and encouragement throughtout the past several years.
Gary Brink

Engine has had a major overhaul, Aeromatic prop overhauled by Tarver and has new blades. Whelen wingtip strobes, Cleveland brakes, carb, generator, starter, fuel pump, exhaust system and everything else one can think of has been overhauled/replaced. Complete bare frame restoration including every single wire, cable, and all pulleys removed, cleaned lubed and reassembled. I sealed and recovered the wings, fuselage, control surfaces, etc. I put in a new panel, new DG, artificial horizon, a used encoding transponder and replaced the old electric fuel pump with a new one. Then I painted the whole darned thing and with the exception of a couple of runs, it looks pretty good. (Kevin and Jerry from Weber's were consultants, managers, and on occasion, had to do the job right.). FAA gave it the green light a week ago and we hope to do the weight and balance tomorrow. Yes, I have been taxiing it and have run it up several times adjusting the Aeromatic prop. All this in only about ten years. :).

Looking at the photo you sent, I see you have one of the nicest things about an original Cruisair, A SLIDE DOWN WINDOW. My first ride in a Cruisair was in 100 degree heat, and it had the slide down window. I loved it. Again, Congrats. ______Grant.

The slide down window was one of the major attractions for me. I know it will undoubtly be noisy and will leak but it has a BIG opening! :D

Congratulations Gary! Ten years - what perseverance! We are all waiting for the results of the first flight. Hope some one will be able to video it and take photos. Please share them with us, and above all, please be careful. Have a great flight!
Larry

Well, the first flight is on hold as we found that "the book" calls for a specific brand of oil cooler which is not available. I bought a new cooler from Pacific Oil Coolers and it works great but we need a 337 on it to be legal. I am, however, able to taxi all over the airport, etc. I just can't pull the yoke back yet.

Gary,
If your IA needs a copy of my 337 for the Harrison/Franklin installation that I did years ago, let me know.
Dan

Back